Tekmap Consulting uses custom algorithms and techniques to digitally rectify imagery. This includes rectification of aerial photographs, satellite imageries, maps, charts, and historical maps.
Tekmap rectifies the imagery using available ground control data. We choose or eliminate ground control points (GCP) based on careful inspection of the Root Mean Square (RMS) errors. The RMS errors and the data type help determine the best rectification algorithm to use.
A number of products are available including:
- Historical analyses of geographic features such as shorelines.
- Digitization of physical features.
- Measurements of geographical feature changes.
- Digital mosaics of rectified images.
- Fusion with other data such as bathymetry or sidescan.