To better serve clients, Tekmap Consulting continually develops and updates its GIS tools and applications. This includes contributing to core GRASS and MB-System programs and developing custom programs and GUIs for GRASS, MB-System, and data processing.
Tekmap develops several custom GIS Tools using the GTK+ programming language. GTK+ is “a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces”, with ports to Linux, WIN32, Mac OS X, and Direct FB. Tekmap also develops programs in C for GRASS and MB-System. The Sidescan viewer SonarWave is written in C#.
The custom tools under active development by Tekmap Consulting include:
- GRASS GTK+ Interface [Thread] — A GTK+ interface to the GRASS GIS
- GRASS Extras — A collection GRASS add-on programs
- GTK+ MB-System Interface [Thread] — A collection of MB System add-ons including a GTK+ interface using the mbio library
- Profile Plotter [Thread] — A GTK+ cross section plotting utility for geographic data
- SonarWave Lite [Thread] – A .NET interface for viewing XTF sidescan and sub-bottom data
Check out Tekmap's download page for quick access to software available at this site.
Tekmap has moved the software development web pages to a blog format. This is to accommodate the active development and frequent updates associated with the software.